Friday, October 28, 2011

Amanda and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day ...

Has anyone ever read the book I am referring to in the title? Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day ... My mom used to read that to my sisters and I when we were little and now when ever I have a day that doesn't go my way I think about that book.

Well, yesterday was one of those "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days"

It started off by waking up congested and irritable. My head hurt and I could not taste my coffee because I was so congested. Then I get to work and it was one of those days filled with back-to-back meetings then returning to my 50+ emails that all seemed to be URGENT!

I stayed at work late until around 7 PM and then zipped home to change clothes and meet my girl friends for dinner. (Mind you, dinner was suppose to be at 7) As I am putting the key into my doors to open, I heard our alarm systems beeping. I thought well that's strange.
Side note - our alarm company called around 1:30 PM early in the day saying that our alarm was just triggered. Todd called me to verify that I wasn't at home, I said no, so he told the alarm company to send a policeman. Well, after not hearing back from the alarm company, Todd and I both figured no news was good news.

So, back to my alarm still beeping... this was the first indication of fear I had all day. I put my key in and slowly opened the door. First things I notice, a small shopping bag full of change sitting on our steps, papers scattered all over the kitchen floor, and then... I looked up and noticed our 42" plasma missing from above our fire place. That was all she wrote. I was out of their in .5 seconds. I jumped into my car, backed 1/2 down the drive, all while trying to call Todd. Todd didn't answer so I ran up to our neighbors house. At that point I called 911.

My nice neighbor kindly came with me back into our house and we walked around checking out the damage and looking for items that were missing. This was the scene we saw last night...

The burglars tore right through the screen door on our deck and use a something like a crow bar to shove open the door. There was a deadbolt on this door and it easily did not stop them.

This is our informal living room where we watch all our TV shows. That's the back door they broke in through and that is a piece of the door frame that fell in from break in. Notice the missing 42" Panasonic Plasma from above our fireplace?

This is a picture of the damaged from our blaring alarm systems being ripped off the wall. Lovely.

This is our guest bedroom where I keep some of my clothes and jewelry. they must have been looking for money because I did not have any jewelry taken that is shown in the pictures. However, I did have a bunch of purses on the bottom shelf where at beach bag is and they were all taken. Luckily they were knock-off purses from the Bahamas Straw Market.

And lastly, this is a picture of Todd's dresser drawers that was pillaged through. They took a 32" SAMSUNG TV that use to sit on top of this dresser in our Master Bedroom. They also took an antique gold ring that was in a jewelry pouch in the top drawer.

All in all, we are just happy that the items taken were all material items that can be replaced. I am happy that no one was home during the break-in as well. I need to be positive and hopefully Todd and I will just learn a valuable lesson from this terrible, horrible, no good very bad experience.

Cheers to a much better weekend!
GO DAWGS
beat the GATORS!!!





No comments: